New to the world of social media marketing but want to get in on the latest corporate communication craze? Worry not; Ellae Creative has your back with 10 brief but effective pointers to start you off in the right direction.
- Find out what social media platform your target audience is most active. Some customers are more active of Twitter while others prefer Instagram.
- Infiltrate the community; find out what your target audience gets up to.
- Be honest about your brand, products and services so as to gain the trust of your followers. And please leave the salesman at the door while manoeuvring on social media; followers want the truth, your brands story, not a sales pitch.
- Develop interesting, informative content, more pics, less words and do not forget to include videos. Also share content more than once; if they didn’t get it the first time, followers have an opportunity to view it again.
- Reframe your content to suit your ideal customer. Keep your target audience in mind at all times, online slots aside from listening, keep your eyes peeled for the sort of content they would like.
- Keep the narrative of your engagement activities and campaigns consistent. It is best to not confuse your audience and keep them moving through the marketing funnel.
- Use your key words for SEO purposes, this makes your company easy to find on the web.
- ALWAYS respond to your customer’s messages, tweets and tags. Social media is all about being personable and transparent ignore your customers and face their imminent wrath.
- Do not forget to add a picture to every tweet post as this increases chances of retweets by a whopping 150 per cent.
- Continue to research and remain informed about your business and industry. You have to give your followers and potential customers the impression of professionalism and expertise in regards to your products and services. Tools such as “Mention” and “Buff” are great for keeping you on top of topics and trends concerning your industry.
Social media marketing is also a great way to generate sales leads and increase awareness of your brand ultimately increasing revenue. For more information on how your brand can benefit from social media marketing stay tuned to our blog posts or call into our offices and schedule a consultation. A well-managed and integrated social media-marketing tactic can drive great business and help you build a sustainable, distinguished brand.