Many organizations, especially brand agencies or firms are always on the go, from internal meetings and managerial activities, to client relations, project executions and much more. In fact, the activities of brand agencies can be liked to a busy hive. There is always something to be done and with poor managerial skills for activities, projects, resources and time, the overall results can be very poor and sometimes cost the organization on a grander scale.
To avoid this sort of disorder, administrative staff are always on the lookout for the most effective tools that can make their jobs a lot easier, efficient and organized, avoiding slips for major organizational activities, projects and timelines.
We have below some recommended top 5 tools that can keep administrators and brand organizations at the top of their game.
- Asana. Maybe you’ve let a lot of tasks slip through cracks and have been so flustered about meeting timelines. Well, Asana is one web and mobile application that can help you and your teams. Founded in 2008 by Dustin Moskovitz (Co-founder Facebook) and Justin Rosenstein. This modern application helps you track tasks assigned to your various teams and key players in your organization. At Ellaecreative, we found this application to be quite useful, as detailed follow up could be done to measure our level of progress from where we are, to what still needs to be achieved at an assigned time, due date or period etc. It generally made our day to day activities much more organized.
- Basecamp. This is a more advanced Project Management and Team Communication Software. It organizes your communication, projects, and client’s work such that you have a central source of factual information. Basecamp was formerly known as 37signals, founded in 1999 by Jason Fried, Carlos Segura and Ernest Kim, so it’s been around for a while. With Basecamp, administrators and employees can put up details of work being done for themselves as well as for clients ranging from proposals files to designs files and any other relevant documents. It is quite easy to use as it also helps one track activities for the week and accomplished tasks and much more. What makes basecamp a very distinct application is its unique interface. It is designed to communicate in a very friendly tone, a dialogue style and language pattern that remains very engaging and almost human like, ensuring that you stay up-to-date and on track with all projected tasks as scheduled. This is quite helpful, instead of having one’s plans and activities disorganized and all over the place, Basecamp helps you bring everything your company works upon on a daily basis under one roof, easing access.
- Zoho CRM. This is an excellent Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software that helps one manage various tasks including: projects, reports, sales, survey, social media, campaigns and much more. Founded in 1996 by Sridhar Vembu and Tony Thomas, it is a great web and mobile application that helps you stay in touch with prospects even as you close more deals on the move. Its multichannel interface helps administrators reach their customers across all channel. Zoho CRM is also very helpful for targeted sales and sales management, improving the quality of leads, win rates and overall productivity. It is an application that is automated and with its analytics, performances and progress can be tracked. It is a system that can be tailored to suit your work style for documents, slides, spreadsheets, emails etc.
- WeTransfer. Administrators from time to time encounter certain minor mail challenges when communicating or trying to send file attachments. When such simple tasks are hindered by the sizes of the files to be sent (by a popup that usually says the files are too large to be sent) such simple tasks then becomes a source of irritation. However with “WeTranfer”, a cloud-based computer file transfer service organization founded in 2009 by Bas Beerens, Nalden and Rinke Visser; one is able to send files as large as 2GB for free. This procedure becomes quite simple and quick for online communication. One unique thing about “WeTransfer” is this: Users always get email notifications when a file is sent and another when it is downloaded.
- Time Clock Device. The world is now a tech village and has moved on from the heavy reliance on paper, time sheets and manual methods to more advance but simplified, technical and digitized methods, including time tracking that plays a crucial role in the activities of organizations for employee performances. This helps administrators and business owners keep track of the time invested into work or businesses. This includes tracking the frequency of employees for work activities and duties, shifts schedules etc. This also sometimes determines if the staff of an organization are paid in full for their services for a period of time, based on their performances and time investments. With a time clock device, there is always concrete facts and information about the performance of employees, instead of speculations that many times are confusing and inaccurate.
So, those are our top 5 favorite administrative tools and we are sure that you have a few favorites yourselves. Kindly share with us some of your favorite administrative tools and why you find them as useful and relevant to your brand.