We are done with the first half of the year and 2016 is just around the corner. However this is a great time for businesses and brands to reflect on their investments and key market trends for the rest of the year. With this list, your business has the opportunity to create business opportunities based on trend driven innovation. Have a look some key trends to look out for below…
- A Rise In Digital Entrepreneurs: With the predominant presence of smart phones, a lot of apps tailored to geographical regions have taken centre stage in the tech world. Also with social media, individuals are given a platform and space to showcase their passions through e-commerce, blogging and more. For example we have Nigerian made apps such as Orbi, mobile gaming companies such as Gamesole Nigeria, innovative bloggers such as Olori Supa Girl, Olodo Nation and more.
- Convenience: Nigerian consumers are at a point where they understand the power of technology and how it can essentially make their lives easier. It is now up to brands and businesses to incorporate this “convenience factor” into their plans and strategies.
- Distance Is No Longer A Barrier: In Nigerian rural areas we have begun to witness urbanization in the sense of the availability of wifi, Internet cafes, mobile coverage and more. Do not assume that because individuals are at X and your business is based at Y, they are unlikely to consume your product or service. Go above and beyond to reach these areas of Nigeria and acquire more loyal customers.
- Brands WILL Be Held Accountable For All Actions: With a rise in brand equity, a business has a responsibility to the customers that helped them get there. Also with the rise in digital usage amongst Nigerians, individuals feel entitled to their right to publicly and virally express dissatisfaction.
- Mobile Internet Usage and Spending Will Continue To Rise: With the increasing time Nigerians, and people the world over, use browsing the Internet with their mobile devices, brands are certainly taking note. Also Google recently updated their SEO algorithm, making mobile advertising a niche of its own. Brands must take not of these trends to fully understand consumer behaviour.
- Local Content, For Nigerians By Nigerians: In this day and age, we have seen it all and yearn for authenticity. From our music to our story lines, Nigerian brands will adopt the angle of “familiarity”. The familiar an image or notion, the warmer strangers will warm to the phenomena. Nigerian brands are taking note by having indigenous acts endorse campaigns; the local dialect is prevalent in adverts and more! At Ellae Creative, we are truly driven by creativity and enjoy working with companies with the same passion for branding as we do. We aim to please our clients and always deliver creative and unforgettable concepts, designs and strategy. Allow us assist in taking your brand to the next level on any playing field. Remember to always trust Ellae Creative; as great ideas start here!