HOW TO BUILD A WEBSITE THAT CONVERTS
The digital ecosystem has really come a long way today. A lot of business transactions occur frequently online. Little wonder e-commerce has been such a hit. In today’s business climate, it is not just enough for your business to have a very eye catching and appealing website. It needs to be converting visitors into actual paying customers in order to add value to your business.
To understand the process of conversion, we will demonstrate the buying cycle that every customer will go through before they either buy your product or hire your service. An understanding of this is essential in understanding how to develop a website that converts.
The 4 basic processes that occur before conversion are :
- Awareness : At this stage, the potential customer is only getting to find out about your product or service. He or she may have stumbled upon your site via google search or through a social mention.
- Interest : As the customer learns about your product, depending on their needs at that particular time, may opt out or continue to find out more about your business, notice how the funnel gets smaller because not everyone that is aware of your product will have interest.
- Desire :And then on deeper analysis, the customer realizes that your product or service is actually beneficial to them and indicates the desire to make a purchase.
- Action : And then they finally make up their mind to make a purchase or sign up for an email list. This is always facilitated by means of a call to action (CTA). Notice that the shape of the funnel is the smallest at this stage. This is just because only a small percentage of the customers that started this journey eventually make it to this stage.
And so if your website is not built out to cater to customers at various stages of the buying cycle then you will always have a website that performs badly because it fails to convert most of the users that visit.
Here are the tips to enable you build that high converting website that adds value to your business
- DEFINE YOUR UNIQUE VALUE PROPOSITION ( USP)
When visitors land on your website, they must be able to grasp within minutes what your business is about in clear and concise terms. They would also be able to deduce the value of doing business with you because your business has a unique solution it provides that differentiates it from the rest of the competition within that niche industry.
- A/B TESTING IS IMPORTANT
It is important to continually test various aspects of your website to ensure you know what is working and what is not. Things like your head lines, Call to actions ( CTA) placement are critical aspects of landing page optimization.
- HIGH CONVERTING WEBSITES HAVE SHORT FORMS TO CAPTURE LEADS
Most websites that convert always have short forms which users are required to fill out once they land on the page. This enables the web owner(s) to capture leads (or email address) which in Digital Marketing is the most valuable asset any marketer can have. Obtaining the users email will allow for personalized communication leading to more nurturing of the relationship until it matures into a purchase decision.
Here is a sample of the sort of short forms a high converting website can use to capture leads
- IMPLEMENTING CHAT BUTTONS
Web marketing Experts have proved that implementing chat buttons on your websites has the ability to increase the form sign ups by 31%. This is a relatively inexpensive feature to incorporate to your website.
Also, having a chat now button gives your business a feedback oriented appeal which is highly valued by users
- ENSURE THAT YOUR WEBSITE IS SEO FRIENDLY
What does it mean for a website to be SEO friendly? A website that is SEO friendly is easily seen on the search engines or Google. There are so many complex issues that pertain to ranking on the search engines but there are basic issues which could be fixed on your site to affect how it displays on the search results.
Such issues as meta tag description, page speed, title tag, image alt attribute, domain and url analysis etc. comprise of On page SEO efforts that can be carried out by a certified SEO analyst to ensure your website is optimized on the search engines. Other issues such as the content is also a critical factor that must be considered from an SEO perspective.
We hope that you found these tips helpful. We look forward to hearing from you. feel free to add your comments in the comments section below.
Get certified as a web designer, Contact us or Register for our Web Design course to acquire the requisite skills.
Kindly call us on +234(0)7060575236, +234(1)4532729 between 8:00am and 5:00PM (Mondays to Fridays) to join the next training session.