2015 has been eventful so far and as the year hits its middle mark, the summer holidays have arrived. It has been an action-packed few months and we can imagine Nigerians are ready to kick back and relax.
As summer is upon us, many are looking to book their tickets and get to relaxing. There are a vast amount of travel agents, airlines and hospitality companies readily available to cater to the needs of Nigerians in need of a good time. Amidst this mad rush for supremacy, hospitality and leisure industry marketers and business developers are constantly searching for tactics that stick and work. Here are 6 vital tips to help market your leisure and hospitality services, both online and offline.
- Actively plan campaigns and assign a yearly budget for seasonal peak times for traveling in Nigeria. That would be during summer holidays and the Christmas period.
- Where are people making inquiries about travel and hotel deals from? Plan your marketing collateral wisely. Below is a diagram of travel search statistics; we see more searches are made digitally than via word of mouth. And the act of using desktops to search these deals indicates the deliberate nature of the search as oppose to passive searches from a mobile phone.
- This does not mean you should not “Go Mobile”. The Nigeria has been recorded to be one of the fastest growing smartphone markets globally. With about 30 per cent smartphone penetration, our country represents huge growth potential for mobile technology. Make sure company websites and online marketing efforts are optimized to display seamlessly on mobile phones.
- As a hotel, a lot of visitors tend to be wary of room rates, wifi and incidentals. Step out of the crowd and offer deals surrounding packages that may be deemed as hotels perks. Try free wifi deals, package tours and guest activities, free food and more!
- Do not forget to be charming. The hospitality business tends to have a bad reputation for exorbitant prices and rip off deals. Show that your establishment or brand is different. Always remember customers first, entertain guests and leave them with a smile. This indefinitely will keep them coming back in the near future and also will have them buzzing about your brand!