Branding is very vital to all types of businesses as it improves recognition and enables businesses to stand-out from their competitors.
Brand promotion helps businesses to maintain their existing customers and to increase their market share.
A new study conducted by the Internet Advertising Bureau has found that 90 per cent of consumers would recommend a brand to others after interacting with them on social media. Thus, one of the best ways to build and promote a business brand is through the use of social media.
Do you intend building and promoting your own brand via social media? Follow the steps below.
- Choose the Social Media Platforms that Supports your Brand Image
There are many Social Media Networks and newer ones are springing up. However, the Social Media Platforms that are best suited for promoting a business brand are as follows:
- Facebook: This one of the best platforms to use when it comes to promoting a brand. It supports virtually all types of businesses due to its heterogeneous user base.
- Twitter: If your business requires sharing company updates and news on a regular basis with your audience, then Twitter is the best option to use. It is also very easy to use and it helps you connect with your customers both from a support level and a personal level.
- Instagram: This is best suited for businesses that rely majorly on images (i.e. visuals). Businesses like catering services, fashion designers and jewelry makers should definitely sign up for an Instagram account to promote their brand.
- LinkedIn: Business-to-Business (B2B) companies will most likely prefer LinkedIn to promote their brand because it is a great choice for promoting business-related content and connecting with other corporate influencers.
- Provide Useful, Valuable and Sharable Content
Always post contents that are interesting, educative, useful and valuable to your existing and potential customers as this is the only way your contents can be shared. These contents might not necessarily have anything to do with the type of products or services you are offering. The more people share your posts/contents, the more your brand awareness as your posts will be seen by your followers’ followers.
- Engage your Friends and Followers
Building a good relationship with your friends and followers on social media should be your first priority and not pitching your service or product. For example, you can comment on your friends’ post (Facebook), retweet their tweets (Twitter) or joining industry groups and starting discussions (LinkedIn) etc.
- Use Promotions and Campaigns to Promote your Contents
After building a certain level of relationship with your followers, businesses can use strategies such as promotions, contests and other paid social media campaigns to promote their products/services and gain more visibility and generate more leads. These promotions or campaigns should offer value to all participants. For an effective impact, valuable incentives that will encourage user participation should be included in such campaigns.
Do you have more useful ideas on how a brand can be promoted via Social Media? Please share them in the comments section at the bottom of the post.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get more tips, articles and useful information on Branding and all other aspects of your business.